6 Market Towns to Visit in the UK
Taking the time to visit a gorgeous market town is the perfect way to enjoy a staycation holiday. From market towns beside the sea to those engulfed in stunning landscapes, let us guide you to your next UK holiday location.
Why Visit a UK Market Town on Your Staycation?
Engaging in historical market towns is a great way to support local business and produce in an area. Often, there are plenty of surrounding activities to sightsee and explore, such as castles and cathedrals. Plan your next staycation around a market town to explore all those hidden gems that make being a UK tourist so enticing!
3 Best Coastal Market Towns
There are lots of fantastic market towns lining some of the most beautiful beaches in the UK. Here are just a few you can consider for your next short break:
1. St Ives – Look no further for places to stay in Cornwall than the stunning St Ives. This market town is already a very popular UK holiday destination, and thanks to its delicious local produce, it’s a great choice for a self catering holiday in Cornwall.
2. Forres – This beautiful market town is great for those wanting to explore some of Scotland on their next staycation. Nestled on the Moray coast, this is one of Scotland’s oldest and most picturesque towns.
3. Tenby – With the oldest market in use in Pembrokeshire and a gorgeous seaside to boot, Tenby is a delightful choice when exploring West Wales.
3 Best Rural Market Towns
There is nothing more quintessentially British than a trip to a historical market town in the countryside. We’ve picked three must-visit locations for your stay:
1. Conwy – This walled market town makes an excellent choice for a North Wales family holiday. Set beside the River Conwy and an imposing castle, there is plenty for your family to explore.
2. Bakewell – For those considering a family holiday in the Peak District, Bakewell is the ultimate pick. Be sure to try a much-loved Bakewell tart treat, fresh from the source!
3. Lewes – Situated in East Sussex, this charming town is packed with independent and antique stores as well as bookshops. The ideal option for those who love hunting down hidden gems!
UK Holiday Guidance with Cottage Decisions
Look no further than Cottage Decisions for inspiration on your next UK break. Whether you’re looking for the best North Wales itinerary or Cornwall holiday cottages for a getaway with the family, we have you covered.